Wednesday, September 7, 2016

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy


We finally have a tractor! Ever since the tractor was delivered Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" played through my head the whole time we were working. I don't know why but it played through my head and I enjoyed it. I have now learned how to drive the tractor and enjoyed driving it all over the property! We used the tractor to take out branches we cut from trees. In weeks previous, removing the branches cut from trees was very difficult to do. Vines and other growth held on to the branches and put up real resistance, making it time consuming when trying to remove. The tractor made quick work of it! It was mostly easy and very satisfying to watch the branches be torn away and dragged into a pile without me losing my breath!


Branches going out!



















We lost our sheep again. This time I really feel like someone let them out. Maybe they were just looking around the property to see what we've been doing and the gate was left open and the sheep wondered out. We've only been able to get our ram back and because sheep can't live alone we purchased two more ewes to keep him company. The last we heard someone saw our other ewe running down the highway so for now we will continue to believe she is alive and pray that she is returned to us soon. We also are aware of the coyotes in the area and decided to buy a guard animal. You only really have three options when it comes to guard animals, a dog, a donkey, or a llama. We went with the donkey and named him Ranger. He is very kind and is trying to make friends with the sheep. 


























Next trip I hope to find our missing sheep (we really miss her), see Ranger has done his job, and pull tree stumps out with the tractor. If we manage to take out another tree or two great!

Until next time...